Monday, October 24, 2005

I Can't Sleep

I know it's only like 12, but I have to be awake in about 6 hours, and I can't sleep. There is a lot on my mind right now and I can't stop thinking about it, thus, preventing the sleep that I so want right now.

I finished grading my first classes midterm today and all I can say is "ouch." It is painful how badly they did. I feel horrible. I can't decide whether to give them a chance to make it up or just let it be how it is. I mean, if they didn't study, then it's their fault for doing so poorly, but at the same time, I never went over the reading material in class with them on any kind of "deep" level, so I might be at fault too.

I'm also worrying about the installation piece that opens in less then two weeks. I have to help with promotion on top of actually getting the work up and going. It's going to come together, I know it will, but I can't help but feel stressed out about it.

Karen's class is like the one thing I'm NOT worried about. I feel like I have a strong idea working there, and my shooting is starting to come together. Plus, I know Karen, and she will like anything I do. Hell, she gave me an "A" in a class where she never even saw my final project.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the semester ending or not. I've had a good semester, and I think next semester will be fun too, but I'm afraid of what next semester (and following semesters as well) hold for me in teaching. I don't want to teach 3D Design for the next two years, but I feel that may be the case. I want to teach. I want to teach photography. If things turn out like I think they might, is it really worth staying at Purdue?

See, this is why I can't sleep...

No comments: