Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Nothing To See Here. Move Along.

Not a whole lot of "interesting" has been going on lately.  January kind of came and went, and with February in full swing, I'm already looking to March and April.  This just means one thing:

This year is going to disappear quickly.

I've given myself a bunch of projects to keep active; it's just a shame that I've been too busy to actually start them.  The shortlist includes my new car (post about that later), building a new computer (yet another post still to come), dieting (24 lbs. down, 16 lbs. more to go), and various home projects that I'll get to once the weather decides to stop being evil.  And yes, you read that right; evil.


I came home to our poor D'Argo buddy this past Monday to find that his back legs were not working.  It was a scary sight for sure.  He stumbled around for a short time and was finally able to regain control, only to be howling in pain.  I took him into the vet and they think he might have a slipped disk in his lower back.  The gave him some steroids and pain medication and he seems to be on the mend.

One thing I will say about the steroids; the side effects are real.  If you've ever had to put your dog on steroids, I'm sure this will all sounds familiar; frequent urination, upset stomach, and changes in personality.  It's the changes in his personality that got me.  He seems different; off just a little.  You grow attached to this animal that you think you know so well, and then a few days on a medication, and your little puppy is gone.

He seems to be coming around, but it is a little jarring and hopefully only a temporary impairment.

No comments: