Friday, September 29, 2006

Blogging To Blog About Stuff

I should be in the shower getting ready for work, but instead I figured I'd give everyone an update out there.

Let's see...

I am working full-time now (and by full-time, I mean more like 50 hours a week, give or take). It feel good to actually have a job to go to everyday. I'm doing something that I enjoy and I'm making money. There's a LOT of work to be done, that's for sure, but the more that I'm doing it, the more I'm learning how to manage my workflow and get things done. I like that.

The apartment is still not unpacked yet, but by the time I get home and settled, it's like 9:00 and I'm not motivated to get anything done. I'm going to have this weekend to get some work done, so we'll see how much unpacking I can get done.

My car is dying... actually, it's more like she's dead but zombified. She's moving around and everything, but the first chance she would get she'd eat your brain. Poor Winona isn't going to last much longer, but now that I have a full-time job, I can afford a new car! Well, not really a NEW car, but something nicer then what I have. The guy I'm working for has some contacts in the auto industry and is having them seek me something out. I'm in the market for a newer, used Honda Civic. I've seen a couple online that I'm looking into and my payments would only be like $100-150 a month, which isn't too bad. The insurance might be my online problem though...

We went and saw Nickel Creek last night. Let's just say it was freakin' awesome! They really know how to put on a show. They played for a good two and a half hours. The encore was about 45 minutes as is. Whew! After the show, we got some autographs and talked to a couple of the members of the band. If you get a chance, you should take a listen. They're really good and know how to use humor in their music as well. You can't beat a band who knows how to make fun of itself.

I'm going to end there because I'm sure there is a lot more to say, but like I said, I need to get ready for work.

No comments: