Monday, October 30, 2006

At Work... and Batching

One of the things that sucks about working on a mass photo edit is te batch times. A large edit can take up to two to three hours to batch. Now, imagine that I have three orders to batch and you can just about see where I'm going with this.

It only take about 10 minutes or so to set up the batch. I'm running two computers which leaves me with nothing that I can do. There is obviously more work to do, but these batches have to get done today, and they may be the only thing that gets done.

And just now one of the computers crashed, so I have to start over on that batch. I wouldn't mind it at all if it was the only thing I had to do, but I've got about 20 other jobs on my list and it kind of feels like I'm just wasting time here.

Boo...

I could clean the studio or the office, but both are in fairly good shape as it is. This is why I'm blogging; because I can't do much of anything else.

There is a post coming soon that will appear before this one about some things that I have yet to talk about, so look for that in the next couple of days (it's about my new car).

Spinning in my chair is kinda fun...

No comments: