Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Developments

Where to start...

Well, I have a job now. Woohoo! I am going to be working at a local studio, the same guys I was working with last summer, except this time I'm going to be a paid employee and more. I am essentially going to be their errand-boy during the day, freelance/self-employed other days.

I am going to be part-time doing whatever they need done during the day; downloading images, putting equipment away, placing orders, uploading websites, that kind of things, but then I'm also going to be there in-studio photographer, which is based on commission and bonuses. There is a lot of opportunity if I can pull in clients, which is also part of the commission type work that they expect out of me.

It won't be a whole lot of money at first, but there is potential, plus I'm going to get a lot of experience. The guys there are about my age and really know what they are doing, they just need someone who can be there doing the things that suck up their time so that they can be out bringing in more business. This could be a great situation.

My website is going to change now since I am no longer self promoting my own studio. It's going to go back to a standard portfolio site and I'll have linked to the studio I'm working at, that way if anyone sees my work and likes it, they know where they can find me.

In other news, I just left a meeting with the bride of the wedding I am helping shoot this weekend. I shouldn't be too difficult.

Finally, Winona is having problems again. Nothing major, just the same thing that happened last time. Poor girl needs a break, either that or I just need a new car, but that's not really in the cards right now.

I'm happy!!!

No comments: