Monday, October 03, 2005

Sad

You've probably noticed the post below by now. We had to put down my dog Kara this last Friday. She had cancer and we didn't want her to suffer any longer. We've had Kara since I was in 5th grade, so it's been a good long while. She will be missed.

I am going to Chicago tomorrow for the annual field trip here at Purdue. Of course, I've started getting sick today. Isn't that just my luck? I'm hoping that if I take something tonight, I'll feel better tomorrow and it won't be so bad.

We're having our first critique this week for my graduate photo class. I haven't started on anything yet. I better get to work. I'm still not sure what I would like to do, whether it be the "sign language" project, or something else. I thought it would be easier to combined my installation course and the photography course by making a whole piece and then dividing it between the two classes, but the more that I think about it, the more I don't want to do that.

Other things that make me sad right now is the fact that next semester I won't be teaching photography; I'll be teaching 3-D design. Why, you might ask? Well, there are only two sections of photo being offered next semester, and the other TA gets priority because she has never taken any design course. I, on the other hand, took A&D 105 while I was here, so you know that means I can teach A&D 106, 3-D design. Yeah... that makes sense.

I have never done ANYTHING with 3-D. How the hell am I suppose to TEACH a class how to work with the concepts if I don't even understand them? Guess we'll find out.

My poor, poor students...

No comments: