Saturday, May 28, 2005

Hopeful... Not So Much

"We part, only to meet again."

There's a lot that could be said, but I think that it's better left unsaid. This last week has been an amazing, up and down experience. It's over now, I there is nothing left that I can do. I think that's the part I dislike the most. It's not that she's gone, but the fact that I couldn't make her stay. I know I had no right trying to make her stay... it's her life and her decision, it just sounded like she didn't want to leave. I know there are times in our lives where we have to make decisions like this. It's part of growing up. Whether is a mistake or not, these kind of experiences tell us what we are to do with out lives. My recent experiences had lead me back to Purdue and to Grad School. That's what I learned in Muncie. Maybe this experience for her is to help her understand why she should have stayed in Lafayette, or maybe she really was meant to leave. That's a question only time will tell.

Fate is a cruel bitch. Actually, that is an understatement. I don't know if the words exist to descibe what fate it. It can be great at times, and it can be horrible at times. This is one of those cases where it's both. While I found something I wasn't even looking for, within the time of only a week, it was taken away. I can't say that I'm necessarily sad, but confused. It's kind of shocking. It's like it was nothing more then a dream. I've had dreams before, but this one I truly wish would never have ended.

And while it is over for now, that doesn't mean fate won't bring us back together. It brought us together once, why can't it do it again? That is the only thing I can hold on to. It's the hope that we will be together again. As the quote says above, we only part to meet again.

ps... I realize that most of this probably doesn't make sense, but I'm not sure I really want to go into details now. I'm still letting it sink in. When the time is ready, I'll say something.

No comments: