Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mega Update

Alright, so everyone wants an update, well get ready, cause this is a long one...

  • Work - I'm still working at the library. The job is pretty boring, but it's money and it's a reason to get up in the morning. It's only a summer job, so it end at the end of June. I'm still working at Image Source. We coverd a golf tournament last Thursday. Pretty boring as well. We only took like, one picture every 15 minutes. It lasted for about 7 hours, so I got some good money for doing little to no work. And finally, I got a job today with Walgreens. I'm going to be working there full-time. It pays pretty well, so I'll finally be making some money so I can pay my bills. I have to go in tomorrow and fill out some paperwork and then I have to have a drug test as well. I'm going to Muncie this weekend too to help Chris shoot some baseball teams. He said he'll pay for my gas and everything, so I should be coming home with a pocket full of money on Saturday. w00t!
  • School - One of the classes I was going to be teaching in the fall was canceled, so my schedule doesn't look as good as it did before. Before, I only had class on Tues/Thurs, now I have class Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur, plus office hours, so my semester just got a little harder. On top of that, I can't get a parking permit, so I'm going to have to carry my student's projects home on the bus. Doesn't that sound like fun?
  • E3 - The Electronic Entertainment Expo started today. It's basically a big videogame conference where developers show off all their new products and such. Well, the big three (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) all showed off their new consoles. Microsoft will be the first out of the gate with the Xbox 360. It's scheduled to come out this fall. From what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed. The graphics don't look that much better then what's already currently available on high end PCs. Along with that, they haven't really shown any games that interest me. The only reason I'm a Xbox fan now is because of Halo. When Halo 3 comes out, then I might be interested in the Xbox 360. The one thing that I do like about the system are it's functions. There is A LOT of online support for the system, which is nice. They have a lot of really cool concepts, I just hope they can pan out the way Microsoft intends. Next comes Sony's Playstation 3. This system is a beast! The real-time graphics of the system are comparable to those of special effects in current Hollywood blockbusters. You have to see it to believe it. At it's core, the PS3 is still just a more powerful PS2. CDs, DVDs, online, all standard. The one thing Sony hopes will attract people to the system is it's use of Blue-Ray discs. Blue-Ray technology is the next step in digital media. Think of it as really large format DVDs. These discs can hold about 7 times the information of current DVDs, which means higher quality sound and picture, and big step in the future of games, music, and film. Finally, there is Nintendo. I have always been a huge Nintendo fan. I've stuck with them for years. I still believe to this day that Nintendo makes the best games. Their new system is called "Revolution". While the system was on display at E3, that was about it. They didn't show the controller, they didn't show any games, and they barely made any annoucements. The system is suppose to launch about the same time as the PS3, but with so little information being made public, it's hard to see that happening. I really hope Nindendo comes through, but in recent years, Nintendo has lost major touch with it's fans. One thing Nintendo is going to please it's fan is releasing a realistic version of the Zelda franchise. It's a very pretty game, and all I can say is... it's about time. I can't wait for this game. This is the game that Nintendo fans have been wanting for the last 5 years, and it's great to finally see it. The game is called The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and should be out this fall. SWEET!!!
  • My Space - I just started a My Space page. It's kind of a big friend list. That's it. But if you have a page, feel free to add me as a friend. I've posted the link in the sidebar as well.
  • STAR WARS - Tonight is the night. The final Star Wars film plays TONIGHT! 12:01. I will be there. It's going to be great. It's a great experience going to the midnight showings of the last three films, and each one has left an impression. It's sad that this will be the last time I get to see Star War at midnight, but it will be well worth it. I got the tickets yesterday and will probably be there in line around 10:30 or 11 (I want to make sure I get a good seat). My friend Shai will be there, fully dressed as a Jedi, and he'll probably be the only one... I think. I might be wrong.

That is all for this edition of Mega Update. Stay tuned though, because I have an update coming up involving my new pets. Yes, you heard that right, PETS, two of them. It's a great day to be alive.

No comments: