Monday, September 05, 2005

Sick Sick Boy

So I've been sick the entire weekend. Not fun at all. I think I'm just getting better today, which is the last day of break. Tomorrow I have to start back to class. My students seem to be coming along, but I'm having trouble with my Tues/Thur class because there are TWO classes going on at the same time, which means my students only get half of their time in the lab. That sucks for me because I have to come up with busy work for the other part of the time. I don't like NOT being in the lab. I work best with the students when they can be printing. I'm not good at lecture, my strength comes from demonstration. Once things get going, it should be ok, but right now it's a little annoying.

I haven't been sleeping well either. I wake up at all times of the night. I've been having nightmares and bad dreams non-stop for the last week or so. I'm starting to miss sleep. There's a lot on my mind, and I think that's what making sleeping so difficult. I'm sorry if my thoughts seem a little erratic, but I AM still sick. I started this entry earlier in the day, and I'm only now finishing it (like 6 hours later).

I don't know... there's so much right now I want to write and type, but I can't think of the words to say it. This cold is clogging my head. I can't remember if it's "starve a fever, feed a cold" or vice versa. I could look it up, but where's the fun in that.

This will be an easy week for the most part. Just one class tomorrow, and one class on Wednesday. Thursday will be the same. This weekend there is several things going on. Friday, I might be going to a party. Saturday, my grad advisor is having a dinner party at her house, so I will be going to that. Sunday will just be another Sunday.

Also, on Saturday, I might be doing a photo shoot with my friend's band. It's going to be a quick shoot because of the dinner party, but I might be able to get some stuff done. The band is called Fare Thee Well. These guys are a death metal band. Yeah... I know. It should be interesting, assuming I'll have the time.

What else is there? That one song by the Killers, "Mr. Brightside"... yeah, I don't like it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, I just don't like the lyrics.

No comments: