Monday, September 26, 2005

So Help Me

Another weekend gone, and I am sad. These last few weeks have been going by REAL fast. I don't like that. My work week is only four days, so I have a three-day weekend every week. That's cool, right? But it's going by so fast that it doesn't feel like I even get time to relax. I have so much work to do, the sad thing is though, I'm not getting my work done. I mean, I get ENOUGH of it done, but there is so much more I should be doing.

For example, while I did clean my apartment, got some grading done and bought the book I needed for my installation class, there were ten other things I should have done as well. The list could go on forever, but a few examples include; buying groceries, writing one of my many papers, reading one of my many books, working on one of my many projects, etc. You get the idea.

I'm such a procrastinator. I always have been. I get everything done, but not until the lost moment. In my defense, I usually do better work under pressure, but I know that's no justification.

I'm starting to redesign my website around the new look of my blog. It's coming along okay I guess. They don't REALLY look the same, but close enough. I'm still trying to tweak it a little bit more before it's final. I'm going to redo the gallery as well. The way I have it set up isn't working for me. I want it to be nicer, so I'm looking into better ways of displaying it.

Tomorrow is going to be busy. At least, as long as I get off my ass and do some work. Teaching, class, and more class, and don't forget reading, and more reading, and some writing on top of that. Oh yeah, we are also cleaning the installation space all night tomorrow as well. I'm going to be tired.

What else can I ramble on about? I'm sure there is something...

Purdue lost yesterday. That sucked. The Chargers won today. That rocks.

I added some more photos to Flickr. I also put a Flickr bar on the side that shows the five most recent images. So far I've only been putting my cell phone pics on there, but I am going to get around to putting ALL of my images on there, including my portfolio (hence the redesign of my gallery). That's going to be a long process which I probably won't get around to until fall break in about two weeks.

I'm sure you want me to shut up now, but there's a lot on my mind, and I can't afford therapy, and this is the next best thing.

I need to start working on some of my projects, but I'm still not sure what I want to do. I think for the installation class, I'm going to do the project involving sound and pictures. Charles seemed to like that idea, and it's something I've been wanting to work on for a while now and this seems to be the perfect forum.

The other project I'm thinking of involves sign language and the definition of art. It's an interesting idea I came up with about six months ago. There's just a couple of kinks involved. For one thing, I need a "model," someone who knows sign language and I can have access to their hands for a fair amount of time. Secondly, the project needs to be related to aesthetics because that is the "theme" of the photo class this semester. The images I would be taking have to be "beautiful."

I'm either going to use medium or large format. But, along with the images, I want to have a film that plays along with them. It's much more of a gallery piece then a simple project for a class, but I'm always thinking that way. I over think things, it's who I am.

The "Superman" theme is stuck in my head tonight. Maybe I can be a hero...

No comments: