Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bloggin' Time

This semester is almost over. Only two more weeks. It's been rough. This whole teaching while taking classes thing is a lot more work then I would have thought it would have been. If it was just classes... fine. Just teaching... fine. But when you combine the two, all of a sudden it's like you have double the work. All kinds of things come up from teaching that you never think about.

Example: study guides.

These things aren't easy to make and of course the students HAVE to have a study guide. It's easy to forget that in being a teacher, you already know everything that you are trying to teach people and your students... don't.

I know things will be easier next semester, even if I am teaching a subject I'm unfamiliar with, just because I will know better how to manage my time. The upcoming break is also must needed. It would be nice to have a day off that is ACTUALLY a day off. There always seems to be something to do.

On to more complaining... I hate winter. I hate snow. We're moving into that time of year and it is not pleasant. I wish it was Fall again (even though it still technically is Fall). I enjoy 65 degree days where there is a nice breeze and only a few clouds in an amazing blue sky. That's gone now and won't return until about next October. Boo.

Is there anything good you ask? Yeah, there is, but I don't want to talk about that...

No comments: