Friday, November 18, 2005

Something For You To Read

I haven't changed my clothes in three days...

I'll probably shower later today (yes, I know it's already 4:30).

Chicago sucked. It was too cold, too far to walk, too many people. We got to the actual presentation 30 minutes before it was suppose to start, and there were NO seats. We ended up having to stand behind a pillar...

I'll say that again, STANDING BEHIND a pillar. I was great HEARING a photographer talk about his work, too bad we couldn't see anything.

After the conference we heading back to the van... only to stop at a coffee shop... randomly... without notice...

You could tell that everyone at this point was just ready to go home, but no, we HAD to get coffee first (and by "we" I mean Karen and Tim). Then, when the bill comes, of course it needs to be separated between 12 people. The guy at the register could only do this on his calculator. This place was not... let's say... "high tech." It took about 15 minutes for everyone to pay their bill, but during this time, Karen and Tim were already out the door and heading to the van, leaving the 10 people still inside paying behind to catch up... in the cold...

I know this doesn't sound all that bad, but when you didn't want to go in the first place, every little thing just makes it worse. To top it all off, I am still in pain from the chest thing, and I forgot to bring my pills.

Pain the whole way home...

We got back at about 12:30 (compared to being home an hour earlier had we not stopped for coffee).

I'm all for being a photographer and a teacher, but really, was this trip even necessary?

No comments: