Monday, April 03, 2006

w00t

My auction is up to over $500! WOOHOO!!!

I haven't written much lately because there are only a couple of things on my mind, one being the graduate review on Monday. I'm nervous about it, mainly because it looks like I'm going to have to get into a lot of theoretical stuff about my work and I'm not sure if I'm going to know enough to do that. I don't want it to become a dear-in-the-headlights kind of thing, but I'm afraid it might.

I guess we are going to know the committee's decision within a couple of days after the review, which is better then expected (that is, I won't have to wait long to find out what I need to do next). I want to stay. I know I have problems here, but at the same time, I don't want to have to start over somewhere else. That doesn't mean I won't think about transferring or something, but I would like to feel at least secure enough to know I don't HAVE to transfer. I guess I'll know in a little over a week.

It looks like everything is coming together concerning buying this new camera, but now the real problem arises; what lens to I buy? I really, really, really, really, really want an "L" series lens, but I don't think I'm going to have the money to get the one I want. I don't want the kit lens that comes with the camera, so I need to find something that is decent and in between.

My biggest concern about the lens is that I want to be able to shoot in low light, meaning I need a large aperture, something around a 2.8 or better. When is comes to lenses, the larger the aperture, the more it costs. Most middle range lenses are in the 3.5-5.6 range. Not having a 2.8 wouldn't be the end of the world, especially since the 30D can handle shooting at 1600 and even 3200 ISO and looks GREATLY improved over my 10D. I'll just need to see what my options are.

No comments: