Sunday, May 21, 2006

Let Me Tell You About Friday

My new phone showed up on Friday. I got home and there was a tag. Ran over to FedEx, picked it up and headed towards Best Buy and the mall to pick up a few things for the phone. I went to the mall first because I wanted to get the car charger for the phone and I knew Radio Shack would have it for cheap.

I went inside (without bringing in my phone... my fault) and asked the girl working there which charger I wanted. She grabbed the one that worked, and I asked her again to make sure this worked with my new phone. She said it did. I go out to my car where I left my phone, tried the charger, and nope; didn't work. I ran back inside and exchanged it, only to find out right before I left that this one didn't work either (I took my phone in this time). It turns out that the charger I needed was a new model that they didn't have yet. She refunded my money and I headed out back to my car.

As I'm walking, I reach into my pocket to get my keys, and... well, they weren't there. I walked up to my car, and of course, my keys were locked in the car. This is the first time I had ever done this. Dammit. I called Robin to get the number of a tow truck to come unlock me (I never had a spare key made). The guys shows up, pops open my door and it costs me $25.

I went to Radio Shack to buy a $10 car charger and ended up paying $25 to have my door unlocked. Dammit X 2.

That pretty much ends that story. I ran over to Best Buy and picked up a 1 GB memory card for the phone. It allows me to take around 2,000 pics on the phone and 24 hours of video (oh, and MP3s as well).

So far, the phone is pretty cool. I like the features. At first it wasn't so great, but after a little tweaking, you can get everything to work out pretty cool like. I also bought a BlueTooth headset for it which is also pretty sweet. So far I'm pretty pleased. Now I'm just waiting to get my USB cable for it so that I can do a few little hacks to the phone.

The camera on the phone is 2.0 megapixels and takes photos at a resolution of 1600x1200 at 150 dpi... not bad. I haven't really take a lot of time with it yet to see what kind of quality I can get. I'll have some photos posted soon on Flickr so that you can take a look. The cool things about having a memory card for the phone means that I don't have to hack into to get the photos like my old phone. I just take the card out, put it in my reader, and download; that simple.

I'm going to be taking a lot more pictures now...

No comments: