Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Cube #2

My second class is much more quiet then the first class. They all seem to be working, except for a few who didn't bring their supplies. The first class started talking and trying it figure out the problem together, but this one... not so much.

I have a couple of students who look bored, and then some of them are building small scale models first. There are a lot more people in this class trying to be gung-ho. I've had two students already leave and use the "restroom." Yeah, I'm not buying it. Oh well, they are probably the ones who aren't going to do well on this project.

I don't that many get the concept of measuring. This projects is based on the idea of having exact measurement, and many of them seem to be simply cutting out squares. The problem arises when they start to put the pieces together and they don't get exact cubes.

I'll write more for my last class...

No comments: