Saturday, August 06, 2005

I Don't Like Muncie Either

I'm having a hard time getting over what happened in Muncie. That is a time in my life I wish I could just move past and never look back. It's not going to happen like that. Every time that I start to get comfortable, something always comes up to remind me, whether it's hearing something about the store, talking to someone from Muncie, seeing Jason's dad, or knowing someone who has visited the store, it's always something. I'm glad that I'm not there anymore, I really am, but I'm still scared of not knowing what is going to come of that. Am I going to get sued? Will I have to declare bankruptcy? How will that affect school? Would I even be able to continue school? There's a lot of scary thoughts there. One thought that I know that I'm going to deal with later in the year are my taxes.

Because I was still an owner of the business for a couple of months, I have to show that on my taxes, which means I am still liable for the business in that time period. I may have to pay out a couple thousand dollars in taxes, which is money that I don't have. I know that I have to pay for our corporate accountant to do my taxes regardless. That alone could cost up to $1,000. I'll have to give her a call near the end of the year. The other thing is that if Jason goes with a different accountant this year, I'll have to ask him for the tax information for the store. I don't think that I can talk to Jason. It's not because I'm scared to talk to him, it's because I know it will just lead to a confrontation; something I don't want to deal with ever again.

Jason is a hard person to talk to. He never listens and always thinks he is right. I know talking to him about anything business related is only going to bring trouble. He's a dick, plain and simple. I'm trying to distance myself from all of that. It's funny, but even some of Jason's "friends" have recently told me they are glad that he isn't around anymore. I know it sounds bad, but I cannot figure out why I was friends with him for so long. I don't know how I got myself into a situation like Muncie. I do know that I'll never do it again...

No comments: