Sunday, August 28, 2005

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Sing it Jack White...

This has been a long week: teaching, taking classes again, lazy sisters, dealing with delivery companies, not to mention other events that have transpired have made this a week to remember, even if I don't want to.

Who thought being a teacher would be hard? I never did (being sarcastic). It's hard teaching beginning photography when I already know everything and I need to realize that my students don't. I feel like I'm going way to fast for them, so I slow down and then I feel like I'm treating them like they are dumb. It's hard finding that balance. It didn't help that one of my classes was canceled because of fumes in the darkroom, so they are now a day behind the other class. Von's didn't have enough books for all of the students either. Yeah, it's been fun.

It is getting better though. I think it's only a matter of everyone getting to know everyone else, and feeling free to ask questions. Monday will be the real test when we process film. If everyone's film comes out properly, that would be great.

MY classes don't seem like they'll be too difficult. That's good. I am a little worried about one class, and it's because a lot of writing is required and I hope I have the time to keep up with that. My "project" classes should be a piece of cake. I think I'm going to work on a couple of projects that I've already developed, now it's just a matter of putting it together.

Week #2 is going to be the real test to how this semester is going to play out. The bullshit is done, now it's time to get on with the meat of class. Am I ready? I sure hope so.

No comments: