Tuesday, June 27, 2006

An Update of Epic Proportions

Not really.

It was a long weekend. I worked 33 hours in three days on about 6 hours of sleep. Not fun. I've finally gotten some rest since then.

I was in Muncie shooting a swim meet. There was something like 1,500+ kids that I had to take pictures. It was a grind. It was non-stop work. From the moment I got there to the moment I left, it was nothing but taking pictures. Each event would start EXACTLY when the last one ended, with no breaks in between. It was really bad when the events were short ones. I would start at one end of the pool, follow the kids down to the end, and then run back to the front of the pool and start again... for hours I did this.

I was so tired at the end of everyday, and the last thing I needed was to drive two hours. But, it's over now and I made a cool $600.

w00t!

Yesterday I ended up at The Frame Shoppe and I was looking around there and found this vintage 8x10 view camera. It was really interesting and I considered buying it. The price tag on it was $450, but the lady there said she could go down to $350. I almost bought it there on the spot, but I held back because I wanted to do some research before buying. I'm glad I did, because I found out that the camera goes for about $150 on the buyer's market. I called the woman there to see if there was any chance she would go that low, but she told me that she was barely breaking even on it as it was and couldn't do any better. Oh well. I'll keep my eye out for another one. It was a very cool camera.

I've spent most of the day working on my portfolio and getting ready to send out more resumes and go to some of the local photo studios tomorrow, begging for a job.

I'm proud of a lot of the work I've done. I enjoy working on my portfolio. It gives me a sense of achievement.

Here's to my growing portfolio...

No comments: