Saturday, April 09, 2005

Curse Words

I'm trying to decide what makes a curse word so bad that, especially in the music industry, you have to have a parental advisory. For one thing, they are just words. Shit. Fuck. Bitch. The words themselves don't really hurt anybody, it's the context in which the words are used. I'm sitting here, listening to The Prodigy album Fat of the Land.

Now this album had a parental advisory sticker on it, and, while I understand the song "Smack My Bitch Up" could be considered offensive, I don't see why a minor shouldn't be allowed to purchase this item. The only other track that I can think of that even has naughty launguage in it is the song "Funky Shit", but the context in which the word shit is used, is not offensive; "Oh my god, that's the funky shit." If anything, I think that's positive.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that censorship is crap. Fuck.

Oh yeah, and A LOT of people eat at Subway..... Shit.

No comments: