Friday, April 15, 2005

Sucker Punch

So I went home a for the day yesterday. It was great, even though I spent most of my time doing work for other people. I went in to the photo lab at Purdue to say "hi" and see what was going on. I ran into my friend Kiley, who I hadn't seen in a year, and she quietly pulled my into the gallery to help construct a show for another grad student. Then, she needed a ride to go pick up some supplies. I agreed to help, again. What was meant to be a short trip to say "hi" turned into a four hour work session.

It was fun though.

Then, when I finally arrived back home, I had to help my aunt pack. She recently moved to Lafayette from Arizona, but now she's going back. So I helped with that for about three or four hours and finally got to take a break. My family ended up cooking some steaks and sitting out by the fire, throwing back a few cold ones.

It was great.

Now I'm back in Muncie.

This is not great.

Today is the day that I'm going to talk to my business partner and tell him that I'm leaving. I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to be leaving, but it could be as soon as later today. After going back home, I really don't know how much longer I can function in this town. As soon as I got back this morning, a wave of stress swept over me, the same wave that left me just days ago as I returned home. This place isn't good for my health or my sanity. In all honesty, I want to just close up shop, pack my stuff, and leave tonight. But as the same time, I don't want to be a complete asshole about this. I may just have to suck it up, and be the villain. I don't know yet.

The general consensus thinks that I need to do just that: pack up and leave. But it's hard for me. I'm too much of a nice guy, and I really don't like confrontation. I guess it's just time for me to step up, and do what I think needs to be done. Wish me luck.

No comments: