Monday, April 11, 2005

Medeski, Martin and Wood

Medeski, Martin and Wood is a three-man "jazz" ensemble. The reason I put jazz in quotations is that they aren't really jazz per say, it's kind of experimental stuff. It's a little bit jazz, a little bit underground, a little bit techno, all instrumental. I heard about them a couple of years ago, but never really listen to any of their albums. For whatever reason, I recently came back to their stuff, and boy am I glad I did. This is great music!

Their music just screams COOL. It's very "hip" stuff. You can dance to it, you can relax to it, you could probably even mosh to it. I know I'm throwing a lot of words out there, but it's very hard to describe. Think about the score to Ocean's Eleven, then you might get an idea of what they sound like. Take my advice, go *cough* buy *cough* one of their albums, you won't regret it.

No comments: