Friday, April 15, 2005

Talk About Motivation

Let me tell you about this guy named Chris. He's a business owner. He's my boss (at my second job). He's a photographer. He's self-employed. He's got to be one of the greatest guys I know. Just when I thought the chips were down, he comes in, and completely turns things around. Chris is the kind of guy who believes in fighting for you dreams, living everyday to its fullest, and doing things that make you excited to live. I have been struggling with this god-damn decision about this business for months now, and with just talking to him for a half hour, I am ready to do this. I'm ready to tell it how it is, and I'm ready to head back. Right now, my life is miserable. This place isn't good for me, but this whole time, I've been worrying about how Jason would take it... well... fuck Jason. It's time for me to do something for just me. I'm never going to be happy if I stay here. I need to do what's right for me, and that's grad school and that's Lafayette. I don't belong here and I never should have come. I know it's my own fault for getting into this, and now is the time to get myself out. To quote Eric Cartman:

"Screw you guys, I'm going home."

No comments: