Saturday, April 02, 2005

First REAL Post... For REAL This Time

There are ups and downs in life. It's the ups that make us want to keep living, and it's the downs that make us want to die. Right now I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not really looking forward to the future, but at the same time, I'm glad that certain things are behind me. It's kind of like... I'm a blank slate. I'm just kind of waiting for SOMETHING to happen, and when it does, maybe I will have a better idea where I am.

As I'm sure a few of you know, the movie "Sin City" came out this weekend. The movie is written and co-directed by Frank Miller. Frank has been working in the comic industry for quite a while now and has had a major impact on how comics are portrayed. From "Daredevil", to "Wolverine", to "The Dark Knight Returns", his impact is clearly visible in almost all current books. Comics just aren't for kids, and Miller really made that apparent to public perception.

The reason I bring all this up is because today while I was watching a special on Frank Miller, I remembered that I actually have an autographed issue of Wolverine Ltmd. #1 signed by Frank Miller... HOW COOL IS THAT!? I'm such a geek. I have to thank my friend Seth for that one. ;)

Speaking of Seth, he has been drawing comics for a while now, including one that he has just brought out of retirement. It's called "Karate Sphincter Boy". It's the story of a young man who thinks he's a great master of karate, when in fact... he's pathetic. It's quite funny. I'm actually trying to design a website in which to display said comic, something similar in the style of Penny Arcade (a site I suggest everyone visit at least once). Once I actually have a good amount of time to sit down and really come up with something cool, I'll post it here. The strip may actually show up here now and then, so stay tuned.

Finally, this brings me to the reason why I have created this BLOG in the first place. For starters, it's free. Sure, I could design a website, buy a domain, and pay a server to host my site, but this is just easier for now, plus it's easier to update. I plan on posting regularly about anything that interests me. I am also going to be posting some of my own writing and photography work in an attempt to get some feedback. I encourage everyone to leave a comment when you feel the need.

With that said, I say goodbye for now.

No comments: