Monday, April 04, 2005

Why, Oh Why, Doom 3?

I left work today, excited about picking up a copy of "Doom 3"
for myself. I drove home, grabbed a few games and movies to
trade-in at my local Blockbuster, and began my journey. Upon
arriving at Blockbuster, I traded in my stuff and received about $74 in
store credit, more then enough to purchase a copy of Doom 3: Collector's Edition, retail price $59.99.



Isn't it pretty? I thought so. Anyway, I started looking
around the store for my soon-to-be copy, only to find nothing. I
asked the clerk at the register if they had any copies in stock.
He looked it up on the computer and found that there were two
left. So began the great search... The clerk checked
everywhere, even having another employee looking as well. Let's
just say he found nothing. After looking at the computer again,
turns out that the two remaining copies were pre-ordered by store
employees. Those bitches!

I asked him to call the other local Blockbuster to see if they had a
copy as well. Same situation. They had copies, but were
holding them for employees. DOUBLE BITCHES! I left the
store, saddened by the fact that, as lame as it may sound, the game I
had been looking forward to for over a year now would not be played by
me, tonight. When I got home, it hit me... why not call the
Blockbusters in nearby town (i.e. Anderson, New Castle, Gas
City). But, as hard as I tried, I did not succeed. I guess
it was not meant to be, but for tonight, I do not own... Doom 3.

BUT, let it be known, I will own Doom 3, and as soon as I get it,
impressions will be posted... I can't wait to kill things... hehehehehe...

And on a side note, it came to my attention today that Gmail is in
fact, still in beta testing. As mentioned before, I do have 50
invites to give out if you are so inclined.

No comments: