Thursday, July 07, 2005

Oi Vey

I want to write something. I'm in a place right now where I feel I NEED to write. Problem is... I don't know what to write about. And I'm not really talking about in this blog, but in general. I use to write a lot, and now it's rare. I hit a writer's block about three years ago; that's a tough wall to get over. Maybe it's not necessarily that I want to write, but I want to be creative. Working on a photo project would probably help with that. I'm not motivated right now. I'm in a stand-still. What sucks even more is that there is inspiration all around me and I'm not taking advantage of it. I've got to get out of this slump, and soon. I can't be like this when school starts. Grad school is going to be hard enough as it is without me being a lazy bum.

I think one of the reason I feel this way right now is because of the lack of people in my life. Not a whole lot of my friends are here anymore. I don't really have too many friends, not close ones at least. That can be a lot for a person to deal with. I don't mind not having a lot of close friends; I kind of like it. It's just hard when those few friends are gone, or I'm no longer in contact with them.

I was at my barber's yesterday, and I sat around and takled with him for about an hour. His name is Joe, and he's a good guy. I think that's the appeal of going to a barber. You can create friendships with your barber. You can talk just about anything with a barber. I've been going to Joe since I was a little kid. The barber shop used to be owned by my Uncle's friend, but then Joe bought the place a couple of years ago. He is quite the character. Joe is a 58 year old, piano playing, Harley riding, barber. Where else can you find someone like that? He's had the life. It great hearing him tell old stories. He actually has an "album" of his music. It's rough and home produced, but it's still pretty good. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you a few tracks.

BTW... I've been sick for like the last week. My throat has been killing me and it's not getting any better. Let's hope it's better before Saturday. I'm going to Indiana Beach on Saturday, and I would really like to be in "okay" shape.

No comments: