Friday, July 22, 2005

Website

Few things...

First, I found out today that my career account with Purdue is active again, which means I have a place to host my website again. I've spent a good part of the day setting up my VPN, mounting my account, and redesigning my website. I posted a sneak peek of it. I'm still working, so hopefully by tonight, I'll have the basic structure done... just not the content.

It's been a while since I actually designed a website, so I'm having a little trouble remembering how to do things. It's coming back to me, but slowly. At first I wanted everything to integrate with my blog, but Blogger uses CSS style, which is kind of like html, but not enough to actually work with both at the same time. Long story short, I'm just going to design a functional website, and then have a link for my blog. I'll try and make the blog flow with my website as much as I can, but it's not going to be pretty.

When all is said and done, I'm going to have five basic pages; my blog, my purpose, my portfolio, my resume, and my contact information. I'm also going to register a domain. I don't know if I'm going to go with www.danrhine.com or www.danielrhine.com. What do you think? I think I want to go with the first one, but the second one sounds more professional... hmmm...

No comments: