Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My Life... RIGHT NOW

Ok, so my life right now is a little... discombobulated. I am working FOUR jobs. I work about 10 hours a week at the HSSE library. I spend two hours a day there, early in the morning, scanning barcodes on books. It's a real boring job. It doesn't pay well, and did I mention it's boring. The only reason I DO like this job is because it gets me up in the morning. It's nice to be awake at a decent time. It makes the day feel a lot longer.

I am also working free-lance for two photography studios. The first being Image Source, based here in Lafayette. This job isn't too bad. I'm mostly just covering weddings. I am pretty much scheduled to work every upcoming weekend doing this, and it pays well. My other free-lance job is with Crabtree Photography back in Muncie. I really like the people who work there and they respect me a lot. I don't mind driving back to Muncie, it's just that I usually only know on a short notice that he needs my help, and it's usually too late.

Finally, there is Gamestop. This is basically the same job that I've had for the last several years. Working at CD Land and owning my own store make this job REAL easy. It's not a lot of hours, and doesn't pay too well, but I enjoy the work. I think that's why I didn't want to work at Walgreens. It just didn't seem like I was going to enjoy working there.

My life right now is: wait until August. Everything seems like it will be coming together then. School will be starting and I will be teaching. I'll have enough money to get an apartment and get some of my bills paid off. August will be really nice, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. There is so much I want to do (school wise), that I feel like I'm just sitting on my hands this summer. I could probably be out, working on something, but I don't feel motivated to get out there and do it. I have a whole book of ideas written down for projects I want to do, but the lack of motivation makes them nothing more then notes on some pieces of paper.

I know this will all turn around come August, but August seems so far away. But you know me, come August I'll probably be bitching about how much school sucks... go figure!

No comments: