Monday, March 20, 2006

It's In the Waiting

Big files take a long time to render. Eh, not really, but what else am I going to do right now?

I figure I have two solid years to get a great portfolio together, as in, the kind of stuff I want to do. Two years... it's not that long, but if I get off my ass, it should be enough. Once I get my MFA, I can always fall back on teaching if the photographer thing doesn't work out, at least, in the way I would like it to.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and the more that I think about, the more I know it's what I want to do. There are so many ideas just floating around in my head. I need to get into a studio and do some shooting, experimenting. Trial and error.

I need to start putting up flyers, both about models and about selling my camera. The 30D is coming out soon, and I would like to sell my 10D before is does.

There are a couple of other things on my mind. The first being this video podcast I'm working on. I didn't start with a direction, but I think I see where it's going. The problem is, it isn't anything "artistic" necessarily. It's not something Cheryl would be happy about, but I think it's the way I want to go with it.

The other thing is this idea of home and comfort. The dream I had the other night was very comfortable and it's something I want more of. It was kind of like where I would like to see things go. Whether that's going to happen isn't up to me and I'll just have to wait and see.

I can't wait until I move. This place I am in now is too small. I need room to breath. I like having a lot of space and right now, I'm crammed into a place too small for myself. It's a fine place and was great temporarily, but it's time to get out. July is too long away. Maybe I should look into subleasing the place for the summer.

No comments: