Thursday, March 16, 2006

Juliana Theory, The - Don't Push Love Away

I've decided that whenever I'm listening to a song when I start a blog post, I'm going to use that song as a title. Yes, I'm that bored.

I've been working behind the scenes on my website the last couple of days, changing the galleries a little bit and preparing new images to go up. It's mainly my modeling work because, well, I think that's the kind of work I want to do... as a photographer. It's really the only thing I enjoy consistently, both during and in post. Sure, I like taking pictures of anything and everything, but when I'm in the studio working with a model, I don't know, it's fun. I think over the next couple of months I'm going to try and open up my modeling/fashion portfolio a lot more, which means I need more models. I've only got a handful of models that I can work with now, so I need to start advertising.

Do you think it would be weird to make an announcement to my students?

I know Anju (the other photo instructor) does it all the time, asking for models in her work. The thing is, her work is a little more conservative then mine (and that's not to say mine is all that risky or anything). I do want to branch out and shoot a lot of different kinds of modeling, whether is be simple "head-shots" or complex setups with lots of different lights and props. I know that I need a lot of different "types" of models, but this is where is gets tricky. There are people out there who will model just to do it, whether they are actors just needing some exposure or want-to-be models. There isn't a whole lot of time in the semester, so I'm going to be hard-pressed to find a fair amount of people, and the time to shoot those people as well.

Spring break has been anything but. I haven't done much, at least of the stuff I SHOULD be doing. It seems like most of the time so far I've been working on stuff I WANT to do. That doesn't really work for my graduate review in a couple of weeks. I don't think they want to see me bring a modeling portfolio to the review. I'm sure they wouldn't ask me to continue. That's a shame...

No comments: